May 7, 2009


In March...



Brian's parents came up to visit and to help out while Brian had his surgery. There was still snow on the ground so the kids had fun sledding...
and just hanging out with grandpa and grandma Mowers.
Lots of fun! We are so THANKFUL they were able to come help us out with the kids while Brian was in the hospital.
On March 12th Brian had the right side of his Thyroid and a large goiter removed. The surgery went well...
...but afterwards was not fun! Doesn't he look so tired and out of it?! He was such a trooper! About a week later we found out that inside the goiter they found some cancerous cells. They were contained within the goiter so they didn't spread to any other part of the body, however he did have 2 smaller goiters on the other side of his thyroid they were concerned about. We decided to do a biopsy to test for cancer on the other side and it turns out there was no cancer cells found. We were releaved!!!! He is doing great now and has had no side effects from having half his thyroid removed! While Brian's parents were here we decided to bless Emree! Brian was a little out of it from just having surgery 3 days before and on pain killers but he still gave a beautiful blessing to our sweet little baby.We tried to take a family picture at the church but this is about as good as it gets! It's a little rough taking pictures when 4 out of the 6 people in it are 5 and under :/!

On the 21st of March we moved just down the street to a cute little house. We were able to find a property management position taking care of 15 units. It's been a challenge for us and especially for Brian because they are old buildings and need a lot of fix up! But I'll leave that for April's post!

8 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Sheree, I LOVE your hair in the surgery pictures. Very cute.

The Hermyzoo! said...

Love the update. You look amazing.I love your hair cut and color. Good for you. I have been a little slumpy lately, I am in no hurry to do anything about my baby weight. I need to get on the stick. I would feel alot better if I did. I am so glad to hear that Brian is doing good after it all and that the last tests came back Neg. We were really worried!

DeAnne Baum said...

Oh Sheree, how scary! I'm glad everything turned out ok. I sure wish we were closer to have helped you out. I miss you and glad that your blogging again. Your baby is adorable. Tell Alyssa a late Happy birthday from all of us! I love the family picture, that is just life.

Courtney Curt said...

Great news - I'm glad everything went well with the surgery. You guys sound pretty busy. Your little Emree is so cute!

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

I just told Clayton yesterday he needed to call Brian and see how everything is going. Glad to see an update. (He still needs to call) Does Brian have to go in every once in a while to get rechecked? We miss you guys! Keep the updates coming.

Sheree and Brian Mowers said...

Stacy,
Yes, Brian still has to go in for check ups every once and a while. The biopsy isn't 100% accurate. It's only about 50% accurate so there still is a chance that it is cancerous but for now we are hopeful. The doctor also said that if he were to have cancer he would want it to be papillary thyroid cancer because it is a very slow cancer.

Sheree and Brian Mowers said...

Hey Courtney, if you ever read this can you add us to your blog list. We've been wanting to see updates on you guys but it's private! Our email address is mowersfam@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Crystel said...

SHEREE! I'm so glad you've blogged, bummed you guys had to go through the cancer stuff, but relieved things look good for now.

Keep blogging!! I've missed you!